The following are a list of actions Units can take. Unless otherwise specified, a unit cannot take more than one action in a turn.
- Move: With the move action a unit can travel up to it’s maximum move. Forests restrict movement, roads increase movement, other terrain types such as water and mountains are impassable to the move action.
- Fly: A unit that has the Fly special can fly up to it’s maximum fly. It cannot move and fly in the same round. Unlike movement, fly is not impeded(or boosted) by terrain. Mountains, water, and cliffs are passable with fly. A unit cannot land or take off within a forest space. If a unit flies onto a forest space they remain hovering in midair and cannot engage in combat with grounded units. A flying unit may choose not to engage ground units that it passes over. They may not evade other fliers, and units with a ranged attack may choose to engage them if they’re flown over.
- Move with Army: This action is only available to leaders that start stacked with an army. They may move with the army, even if the army’s move is greater than their own, or if the movement type (Move versus Fly) is different.
- Ranged Attack: A unit that possesses a Ranged Attack may use it.
- Stargaze: Leaders with the Astronomer Ability can use the Stargaze action. This allows them to gather 1d6 Astral Gems.
- Scavenge: Leaders with the Scavenger Ability can use the Scavenge action. This allows them to gather 1d3 resources.
- Cast Spell: Casters may cast a spell, assuming they have sufficient Astral Gems, or possess a scroll.
- Create Scroll: Casters may create a scroll, assuming they have sufficient Astral Gems.
- Recuperate: Armies may rest and recuperate, regaining 3 HP.
- Resupply: Armies adjacent to strongholds or Caravans may resupply, restoring 3+X HP, and consuming 1 resource for every 2 HP restored above 3 HP.
- Train: This order may be issued to a Leader in a Stronghold, giving them a 25% chance to earn 1 XP. This costs resources equal to the Leader’s level.
- Caravans: Caravans have orders unique to them that can be seen on their page.
- Default Action: If not given an order, a unit will execute it’s default action.
- Be Upgraded: A unit cannot take an action on the same turn it is upgraded.
- Build Army: A Stronghold or Capital can be ordered to create an Army. This generally consumes 5 resources located at that location.